Probably the nicest potatoes you'll ever taste!
2½ lbs potatoes
4 tablespoons margarine
2 garlic cloves, crushed
⅓ cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried)
1½ teaspoon, finely chopped
1½ teaspoon paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. Scrub potatoes and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut into medium sized chunks. Do not peel.
2. Add margarine and oil to a large baking tin, and place in oven gas mark 5 (190°C, 375°F). When the margarine has melted (this should take 2 to 3 minutes) take out the tin and add garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, paprika and cayenne to the oil.
3. Place the potatoes in the tin and roll them in the herb mixture, to coat well.
4. Return the tin to the oven and bake for 40 to 55 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Every so often check to make sure they are not sticking and spoon the melted margarine over them.
5. Place the potatoes in a serving dish, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Home Cooking Home Page