1. Prepare the leeks. Cut off the roots and any tough,
dark green leaves. Slit the leeks from the top to about halfway down. Wash
carefully, parting the layers of leaves to make sure that no soil is left
2. Slice the leeks into thin rings.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan; and add the
mustard seeds and the cumin seeds.
4. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the leeks and
salt. Stir and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the turmeric and paprika. Turn down the heat to low
and cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the leeks are soft (about 10