1. Blend the chickpeas with 3 tablespoons water, to form a
smooth paste. Add the tomato passata, and season with salt and pepper. Set
2. Prepare the vegetables. Cut the carrots into
matchsticks, and cut up the tomatoes. Half fill a small pan with water and
bring it to the boil. Add the fresh broad beans and/or peas and cook until
they are just tender, about 7 mins. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large pan of water, and cook the
pasta according to the directions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
4. Thinly slice the onion. Heat the in a large frying pan,
add the onion and cook over a low heat until golden brown. Add the carrots
and stir fry over a high heat for 3 minutes, then add the other vegetables.
Add 2 tablespoons water, reduce heat, and cover with a lid. Cook until all
the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the pasta, chopped herbs and chick pea paste to the
frying pan, and mix with the vegetables. Season to taste.
6. Spoon into a shallow, ovenproof dish, drizzle with
olive oil, and cook in the oven at 200°C (Gas Mark 6, 400°F) for 20 – 30
minutes. Serve immediately.